Throttle

twistedmooch

i was hoping to remove the entire throttle body from my engine. in the book it says to remove the radiator fluid? and do i remove the actual throttle from the throttle body or do i remove it from a different spot and keep it attached?.... i couldnt find how to remove it in the book.

thanks

will

Is a small steel tube under the throttle body that carries coolant to keep the plate from freezing (carb heat). Not really needed in Florida but return (or feed, never checked which way the flow goes) is cast into manifold.

The one toward the driver's side is bolted to the intake manifold. It is a "U" shaped tube and once it is unbolted from the manifold, it can be pulled from the passage in the throttle body. The tube is O-ringed into the throttle body. The tube toward the inside is also O-ringed into the manifold and throttle body. After the outer one is removed, you can unbolt the throttle body and wiggle it off of the inner tube. It will probably be full of crud making it somewhat difficult to remove, and it must be cleaned and lubed well when re-installing. If this is a warm climate car, or possibly summer only, you can either fabricate a hose bypass for this or if the intake manifold is coming off, you can tap the holes for pipe plugs as I did.