Rallyamerica wheel company

Guest rivguff

Guest imported_rivguff

Has anyone else on the list had any experience with Gary McLean at RallyAmerica?

I dropped off some Buick Riviera wheels with him for rechroming over 3 months ago and haven't gotten them back yet. He has only responded to one of many emails and has never returned a phone message. I am getting frustrated and worried that I will never see my wheels again. Any suggestions?

Key thing might be if that company has its own chroming operation or sends them out to a different place to get the chroming done. With the tigthening restrictions of the EPA in the past decades, many smaller chrome shops went out of business or scaled back from what they were doing previously. Therefore, fewer large chrome shops in the country.

On a related note, if they do send the chroming out to be done, the larger the batch that is sent the better the pricing. From what I recall, it costs the same for a small batch as it does a larger batch--not by the piece, typically.

It might be wise to make a friendly inquiry to see how things are coming and what the delays might be caused by. At this point, NOT being irate can be a plus as they still have your items, somewhere. A side issue might be that, if they have to send the stuff out, they might not want to admit to that little fact with the suspicion that you'll take the stuff to the other place yourself, resulting in lost revenue for the company. If your items are in a larger batch waiting to be "made up", they you could request to see it. Again, in a non-confrontational manner. How they react to your inquiry can have many signals in it also!

Hopefully your worst fears will not be real.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467