Do we all have our cars out yet?

Guest DaveZZZ

Guest imported_DaveZZZ

I got the 67 out for the first real (that is, not just a repair run around the block) run on Saturday. The back seat is still out (I'm chasing an electrical gremlin on one of the back windows and stymied as to how I can get a 6x9 speaker into the enclosure without modifying the enclosure), and I haven't got the idle quite right following the carb rebuild, but I did get the driver's door back together (fixed the window switches), so out we went. Surprisingly, it was my wife who insisted we not miss the opportunity.

A cruise like that after a long winter of not getting enough done reminds me that it really is well worth all the time, effort, and money.

-Dave

Guest imported_DaveZZZ

hee hee

I'm having the parts car battle now. She doesn't want a non-functional car on the premises. I figure with an acre of woods I can hide it (and my real plan is to strip it and dump the carcas), but so far I am losing that one.

We've had decent enough weather here that the Ninety-Eight and the Toro have both been on 200-mile plus road trips thru winter. The Toro went to a cruise night in Lynchburg Saturday- about an hour each way. It was near 80 here that day and His Lizardness let me know I didn't put enough lead additive in his tank to compensate for winter blend gas on a warm day. Persnickety beast...

I still have to get the green Starfire out, and the Hurst still has no interior or weatherstripping though I have found a guy locally who can put the vinyl roof and stripes on it. Maybe, just maybe, it will go out before summer's end.