`88 For Sale in Gretna, Va.

Filobedo

I just bought a `71 Buick Skylark. Which will be cheaper and easier to keep up as I am Disabled. I want to fix it up so,

The Reatta's gotta go...

It is featured on cardomain.com and was voted #1 "Top Ride" on 11/23/03.

I have Documentation of this event and the CarFax report.

It lists me as the 3rd owner but, the 2nd owner only had it about 3 months and gave up on the 'Teves' brakes.

Which I have since repaired. "Accumulator,Flush,Relays"

It has a new set of 15in American Racing 'Aero' wheels and new front axels.

I am located in Gretna, Va. between Lynchburg,Va. and the North Carolina line.

Everything works fine! I want $3500 or $3000 w/reatta rims/no centers.

Anybody???

My Reatta

Steve Montgomery

calebvampire@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How come each side vent glass on my car is worth $1200 but, I can't sell my whole car for $2700 ? A daily driver. Anywhere... Im about ready to give up. I think that everybody else is "RIGHT" and that these cars should be "AVOIDED". Im so glad I bought another `71 Skylark. Something that "I" can work on. Reatta's are Too Much Trouble for something that looks like a cross between a Camaro & a Firebird. And not nearly good enough for a "Real" Collector. Even though this car won #1 'Top Ride' on CarDomain.com Out of 400,000 rides. Still nobody wants it? So what does that say to me? Scrap Metal, Thats what I say... Let the chips fall where they may... Also I'd rather have some Horse's under my butt rather than some Gremlims...

Could it be that most people here already have one ? Does sound like a deal to me but place to advertise is where no-one knows exactly what it is. (My next car will have a roof that comes off).

Guest tempest68

Its not a matter of no-one wanting it. Its a matter of no-one wanting to part with their money.

I certainly WANT another Reatta. But with trying to put money into our house, maintaining our three current vehicles, and exploring whether either of us might pursue more college leaves little in the til for another car right now. In fact, I just sold my old S10 Blazer, and we're getting ready to divest of Lisa's Grand Am to help fund more projects around the house.

Factor in the jobless recovery of this economy, the rising gas prices that make some folks wonder why they have a car, and knowing that most of the new jobs being created in this country are probably the result of another Wal-Mart Stupid-Center opening up, and you have your answer why no-one is buying.

Well with the exception of the Judge (and have not filled it in several months), all of my cars are capable of over 20 mpg on 87 PON in daily driving. Would be more (son's Quad-4 Grand Am regularly exceeds 30 mpg) but like a certain amount of power and six cylinder engines).

Yes, tank of gas has gone from $20 to over $30 but when you only use a tank a month it does not make a lot of difference.

Do not miss the 12-15 mpg without a/c I got from cars in '70s when the "gas crisis" caused the price of a gallon to jump from 30 cents a gallon to 40.

I figure for two people to drive to DC (taking a few things) and back to Orlando for $200 still beats airfare and that is worst case for the TranSport.

Am told that "uncertainty" is the reason for high prices. Real reason is "profit taking". Time Honored American Tradition. Now they feel they can, so they will. Will it last ? Who knows. Is better than the absurd taxes European's pay (priced by the liter so it doesn't look so bad).

Is about to cros $2/gal for regular here, what is happening elsewhere ? (Canadian's too).

Well hold your horses, how many miles does that car had on it. I would first list that before you advertise its rims, you need to tell about the whole car even thought the wheels are big important feature of every car (the car wouldn't drive so good without them). What is the condition of the interior/exterior. How about any parts that had to be replaced/rebuilt. How about any work that needs to be done to it. You need to list more about your car instead of just droping the price.

Brett Nelson

1988 Buick Reatta White exterior / red interior 67,000

Man, Im only asking $2700... What do you want? The build sheet signed by all the workers? Look it's a daily driver with 195,000. Could use a paint job but, not needed. Interior is fair to good. Could be driven anywhere. And by the way, It's the #1 ~Reatta~ on CarDomain.com. Right Now! And also won #1 'Top Rides' out of 400,000 cars on Nov 23. Pretty good for a $2700 car that nobody wants. So where's yours? Sure dont see it...

"The List"

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look it's a daily driver with 195,000</div></div>

Sorry to say, right THERE is your problem. Its not a problem with me, per se, but to alot of folks 100,000, 200,000 seem to mean something (not usually good) to them. Its a mystery why large, round numbers scare people.

But its time for alittle history lesson here. Search back for postings by "hoot". "hoot" had a 200k reatta for sale for the longest time. Was run up that high as the daily driver car his wife used to go from Gettysburg PA to Fort Detrick (spelling) MD every day. So it was truely a mostly highway-miles car (although, here in the north where it snows). Hoot only asked $2000.00 for his. No-one would bite.

Since Hoot was close to me (50 minutes away), I visited him and took digital photos of the car and looked it over (hoot didnt have a digital camera). I did my best to give an honest and objective opinion of the car. Only then did Hoot get alittle more serious buyers and eventually sold the car. I do not know if he got the full $2000 or if he settled for $1500 (that number sticks in my mind). I would have purchased it if I had the cash then, but it just wasnt to be for me. In my opinion, somebody got a bargain. Especially considering certain parts of his interior were significantly BETTER than that in our 110k car!

I sincerely hope you find a good buyer. I wish every Reatta to have a loving home. Its just unforunate that cars like yours are a touch sell because there are so many 90k cars out there for 5 to 6k in price.

Thanks for your honesty but, The way "I" see it. "Any" car that runs good & is road worthy is worth $2700. Let alone a pretty nice looking ~REATTA~. #697 of 7000. An `88 never tagged or titled until `92. Same owner till 2002. Then owned for only 3 months by a "Wheeler Dealer". Then Me. Anyone wanting more info & the CarFax Report (Do not post or reprint or comment!) It's not "Perfect" but, I have about $4000 in it. "An I's Aint Goin No Lower Than 27". Can e-mail me from the above posts. Next will try locally but, It's hard to sell or describe a "White Buffalo".

Geez Roddy, lighten up. After all this is a site where people already own Reatta's and not a site that is in the business of selling cars. I think "Autotrader.com" gets many more hits than the rest and your local paper to me is the best way to sell a car. You seem very angry to me and I read the posts and people have not said one thing against you or your car, again, lighten up. May I suggest decaf instead of regular next cup?

Sorry if I have offended anyone... As I am Bi-Polar (Manic Depressive) Among some other not so good things. Per I am Disabled. (and in dire need of cash) Sometimes I tend to get frustrated and take things the wrong way. Hence my "Piper" mode. Was `LiL~Reatta~ before. Am also well know as (roddy*piper) on eBay's Johnny Lightning Category & the Johnny Lightning DieCast Forum for going a little "hAyWiRe".

Believe me im on alot stronger things than you mentioned in your Post.

Thanks for politely putting me in my place... The End wink.gif