FYI - NC Junkyard closing!

24T42

I just received this notice in my inbox and thought some of you would like to know. Please note - I am not affiliated with this junkyard in any way.

=====================

You may be aware that <span style="font-weight: bold">Bingham Auto</span> - an antique car salvage yard on Hwy 49 west of Asheboro NC is closing down. They still, however have a fair amount of inventory - at least until the end of the week. The mobile crusher is supposed to show up on Friday and start crushing the remaining inventory.

In the meantime, they're offering good prices on parts. They're also selling whole cars at good prices if you see one you like. But, you need to get on down there this week. They have some '40s cars, but mostly '50s-70s.

====================

FYI! laugh.gif

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I guess you can't save them all, but I'm sorry to hear about that. I know the junkyard you are talking about. There are a couple of 40's model delivery vans (panel trucks) that I have seen from the road. I'd like to see someone restore them, but I don't have the time, space or money. frown.gif

Good Lord. If you'd said Richard's, it wouldn't have surprised me since he's been threatening to close for at least ten years. But Jim Bingham... Jim always had better stuff than Richard.

We were there one day and a guy brought his treasure in to settle up, and Jim said, "Bout twenty dollars'll do it.". The guy says, "Jim, you're gonna twenty dollar me to death on this car!" And he had a PILE of stuff.

Always found them to be fairly priced and willing to work with you. I sure hate to hear this.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Does anyone know if there are any 54 thru 56 Buicks there? Also a phone number? Just made a trip over to Gillsville Alabama to Bo Gibbs. What an experience!!

I am not sure about the Buicks but their phone number is (336) 859-5880. They are located at 7799 NC Highway 49 S, Denton NC 27239.

Just down the road is Richard's Salvage. Their number is (336) 857-2222 and they are located at 7638 NC Highway 49 S, Denton NC.

Hope that helps!

Guest imported_DaveZZZ

You know what kills me?

I see these posts about such and such junkyard closing, and I think: Some guys have all the luck!

I have yet to find a yard around here (Boston - Manchester NH corridor) that has good stuff for old cars.

Maybe I am too young, and maybe I just don't know where to look, but thus far nothing.

-Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if there are any 54 thru 56 Buicks there? </div></div>

There WERE. Don't know of the crusher's got 'em yet or not.

Dave, if it's any consolation I don't ever remember seing a 1967 Ninety Eight 2-door in there. There was a Delta Holiday Sedan, and a 65 Jetstar I that someone really should have restored- it was driven in there.

We used to go twice a year, early spring and fall. Booey.