RIVIERA 63-65 MUFFLER REPLACEMENT

Mr Riviera

Guest imported_moopar2ya2

Magnflow sells dual inlet dual outlet mufflers. The similiar Camaro would be around 1970 with a big block. Also maybe an Elderado. They had a similiar transveres muffler. You should try a local muffler shop. They will have catalogues with specs and pictures.

This doesn't answer your specific question, and it may be information that you already know, but doesn't Midas still sell these mufflers?

Guest COMPACTBC

According to a post on the Riviera chat line by Dick Sweeney, he was told by his local Midas Muffler Shop that Midas was no longer making a muffler for the '63-'65 Riviera. tongue.gif I decided last year that the Midas muffler was JUNK and I had my local muffler shop install 2 Magna Flow mufflers tacked together in tandum in the stock location, the installation, though not BCA approved, looks very sanitary and the SOUND IS VERY MELLOW. cool.gif

For those that have a Midas Muffler and are the original buyer of that muffler - SAAVE YOUR BILL OF SALE - I have been told that when the muffler fails - MIDAS will refund your purchase price in place of the life time warranty. You may have to pound the desk but .......................

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying to find a replacement muffler and want to keep the car as original as possible. Could you give me the number of the muffler you mentioned and any hints as to where I could purchase one?

Guest Andynator

Midas and similar shops will absolutely honor their lifetime warranties with no hassle at all. Heck, they'd sell you a cardboard muffler if they could.

It's finding faults with your tires, brakes, suspension etc during their "inspections" where they make their money. Don't get me wrong - no complaints here. I happily take my wife's car in every two years and slurp coffee while they torch off the remains of her muffler and put a new one on. Free - no questions asked. "Noticed while we had it on the lift that the struts need replaced."

SURE they do. Thanks anyway - see you in a couple of years.

Andy