Should I buy the '78 RIVIERA ?

rivijimi7178

Hello, long time member of the B.C.A. new to the computer forum thing.Just need to say "Boy, this is grreat" I have a problem w/the BUICK automobile. It seems that thay keep following me home.Recently I ran across a very nice '78' Riviera.The wife say's that one must go, to bring one in.I currently have a '68 Electra 4dr. H.T.,'71 Riviera,94' LeSabre,'97 RAM Van conv.to haul the kiddy's around, and a 235k mile Pontiac (90 Bonnie)that the wife LOVES.So the problem is, which one goes so I can still retain 3 Bews.I'm thinking that the '78 would be a better road car then the LeSabre that I have been driving for a 133k miles.My comute is 39 miles of open hiway,one way.

I would just buy that Riviera. Then I'd sell the van, but I would still use the Lesabre as a daily driver.

I say that with the benefit of experience. I've had my 56 Super since 1974, My 69 electra since 1993, my 95 Riv since 1998. My wife has her 93 Regal since 1993. In 02, I bought a Ranger pickup so I had something to wreck with winter driving, and this summer I just picked up a 69 GS 400 convertible with 27K original miles.

Whoever said you can't have it all needs to take a course in logic. grin.gif

If parking space is an issue, which it surely can GET to be, then you might investigate the rental of a stall in a miniwarehouse facility. Prices and facilities will vary, so shop. Might get two spaces so one could be used for household off-site storage too.

Every so often, it can be beneficial to "turn the fleet", in some respects, AND it'll also generate those "I should never have sold that ________" stories.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Thanks for the advise, and yes parking is getting tight.Have 16 yr.old like's LeSabre.Been drawing up plans for a car-port conected to garage.Maybe need to make drive way wider.$$$$$WE shall see what happens.That Riv looks better every day.But gotta keep the other half happy.