1969 Skylark- considering- need info

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I have found a local 1969 Buick Skylark 2dr hardtop. The car supposed to have 53K actual miles, 100% rust free and runs great according to the ad. It is an A/C equipped car and has the 350 2bbl engine. The engine looks vert clean and original from what I can tell in the photos. It is stated to need a headliner and exhaust. They are asking $1500. for it. Does this seem like a good deal? Does anyone know how many of these were made? I really want a 71-73 LeSabre, Electra or Estate Wagon, but this may do for now. Thanks for any information.

Here's a thought for you ( just my .02 mind you). If you really want an Electra, then get an Electra. I have both a 69 Electra and a 69 GS 400 convertible. The Electra is really what I wanted when I got it and it still hold a special place in my heart. The GS is super sweet. A 27K car from the third owner, who was a nephew of the original and second owner. I love them both, but the Electra, even though it still needs complete restoration or just a lot of work, is my favorite. The GS is great, but the Electra is just classy perfection in my eyes.

If you have room for one car, get the one you really want.

Meanwhile, here are some production numbers for the Skylark from the Standard catalogue of Buicks:

If it's a :

Model 43537, then 38,658

If a 44437, the 35,639

A quick giveaway as to which model you have is the chrome rocker panel strip on the model 44437.

John d

Guest Shaffer

Thanks for the replies folks. True John- I should wait and buy what I really want. I also am really wanting to find a 1971-1976 full-size General Motors wagon, with the "glide-away" tailgate. I do not care if it is a Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile or Buick. They all have the same basic body style. Years of searching for one locally- I finally found a local 1972 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon in VGC. Backed into a garage and it looks like it has been setting for a while. It even has the 402 engine option. The owners are elderly and also have a 75'-76' Cadillac just setting in the garage beside it. I called the person at the number and the man said it was his mothers and he was not sure if she wanted to sell it, but would ask her. I really hope that they will sell it. I would hate to see it set any longer and ruin. Hopefully they will sell it to me at a reasonable price. Thanks again.

Those drop tailgates are neat. There is a local car in my area, a 72 Lesabre Wagon, with the 455 and the owner put a nitrous system on it. I know it runs as he drives it to the local shows, but I've never seen it run. It is really nice however. The Buick has a crisper set of lines than the others of this group.

Good luck