htrdsx: An Introduction

htrdsx

Hi All,

I?ve posted on this forum a few times and I thought I?d introduce myself.

I?ve owned and driven several old cars since I started driving back about 1962. My first car was a 1947 Plymouth 4dr sedan with a backseat you could throw a party in: I was 16. Then I had a 1956 Ford club sedan 2d, several 1950?s Peugots when I was in California, a 1948 Ford Convertible customized, a 1956 Ford Ranch Wagon 2dr, a 1956 Ford PU, a 1936 Chevy PU, a 1936 Chevy Standard coupe, 1938 Ford 4d sedan, several vintage Volkswagens, a 1946 Harley Davidson ULH, a 1929 Essex Coupe, a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500xl all in that order. I still have the Essex and the Galaxie, neither one are stock at this time. All of the cars I?ve owned I?ve worked on myself for my own enjoyment and sometimes frustration.

I love old cars and anything to do with them. I know there are some things that we need to have professional help on when putting an old clunker back on the road. But to me one of the most enjoyable things is running into something you?ve never seen before and trying to figure out how it works and then making it work like it?s supposed to. I enjoy driving my cars on the highway and the looks and waves from people who appreciate them.

I like what I guess you would call a ?show and shine?. Somewhere you can just drive in and park your car and let people look and touch and sit in it. I would like to see something like a petting zoo for old cars, a place where people and kids could look at, touch and climb behind the wheel of an antique car.

I like talking shop with other guys and gals like myself who build their own cars and drive them everyday. I enjoy helping other people with their projects and sharing any knowledge or information I have that may be of help to them. That?s why I started my web page with the downloadable material on it. I plan on continuing adding to it as long as I have the time. I?ve got a 26-volume Inter-Sub interchange manual that I plan on putting in pdf sometime in the near future.

I really didn?t mean to give my life history, but I get carried away sometimes when I get to talking old cars.

I noticed, while proofreading this post, that there are an awful lot of ?I?s in it. But, what the heck ?I? wrote it.

Be sure to check out my site once in a while, because I will be adding more to it and don?t be shy about letting me know if you have any complaints about the site. This is my first attempt at something like this and it is a learning experience for me. I hope everyone enjoys it. Let me know what you think. My old car page

Gary Barnes

htrdsx (that?s ?hot rod essex)

Taylor, AR (that?s Arkansas) grin.gif

garyb@nucwa.com

Gary, The old car petting zoo idea is ok if the zoo keeper is on duty. Problem is a lot of people that are not in the hobby will think any old car is fair game to jump in and play around. Try doing that with their SUV or sports car and see how fast they have you in cuffs.