"Car Collector" magazine

Guest greg72monte

Guest greg72monte

I have heard of this magazine, but have never seen it. Is it worth subscribing to? Does anyone on this forum subscribe to it?

I already get Special Interest Autos and Collectable Automobile among others.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg, I currently have a subscription to this publication. I had contacted the magazine to order a back issue, and they goofed up and sent me a year's subscription. Frankly, I feel that it does not even approach "Collectible Automobile" or "SIA". I had a subscription to it years ago, and dropped it because it seemed to consist mostly of advertisements. It has improved, but I find it interesting principally because of the reports on various Concours-type events and the analysis of auction prices. I would not, however, pay for a subscription to the magazine. That's not to say that there's not some good material in it; the articles written by Thomas Murray are always excellent.

I would agree that this magazine probably falls into the "buy as needed" category, rather than subscription. That said, I'd like to buy the February issue (probably off the shelves by now), but can't find anybody that carries it!! Believe me, there are a lot of bookstores and newstands around here, but no luck. There is supposed to be an article about the A-C-D reunion in it.

Mike

Hi, Mike...

Had the same scenario. I was told by a friend that there was a picture of my TR-6 in the Oct. 2003 issue taken at the Concour d'Elegance of the Eastern U.S.

Looked everywhere for a copy (Borders, Barnes & Noble, 2 local newspaper/book stores). In the end, I waited until November and ordered a copy via e-mail.

production@carcollector.com

Car Collector Magazine, LLC

5095 S. Washington Avenue

Suite 207

Titusville, Florida 32780

Regards, Peter J.

Guest greg72monte

Thanks for the responses. I as well looked in the Borders and Barnes & Nobles and did not find one to look at. Based on these responses, I think I will pass on a subscription. I went to the web site, and they show you a few teasers, but nothing of any substance.