Metal sheet panels for floor of '51

Puka

Hello:

does anyone know if Buick ever made replacement metal sheets for the floor board of cars? Ii've got a hole I can now stick my foot through on my Buick -- a guy at a welding shop said that rather than just weld a plate there, that he thought that Buick, like Chevy, made replacement floor boards.

Anyone know of any of these either NOS or repro (good quality)?

im glad your welder suggested that you ask around!

i don't think buick made replacement floor sections, none that i've seen in my travels, you could have a custom floor section built????

once your rusted section is cut out, you will see the front support foot, a complex stamped piece thats spot welded to the bottom of the floor pan, and an integral part connected to the a-pillar etc...check out matt harwoods site, it may be what your going through...

http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com/1941buick/index.html

you might find someone that has been through this and saved the floor pattern?

try re-posting, supply more specific information.

bring your car to a metal fabricators shop, at what cost, and how long will it take.....?

in my area, Bob mcgee , is a metal magician, and will answer any of your questions,

R/CAR (Rods/Customs & Restorations) Custom Fabrication and Panel Shop Berlin, Connecticut.

Email: my55rock@aol.com

you can descide after all your option's are on the table!

good luck.

HI

I have a company that has made the floor pans for the 1950-53 Buicks. Front

left or right sides, and the Rear floor pans left or right sides. This is the same company that reproduced the rear gravel pan for the 1939 & 1940 Buicks, these were excellent reproductions. The cost is around $ 150.00 each plus shipping.

If interested send me e-amil I will get full details and sizes for you.

Jim Schilf

palbuick@aol.com