Fuel injectors

drobinson

Could you add any detail as to the suspected problem? The injectors themselves are generally pretty reliable, although they can be subject to deposit buildup over time. Most modern fuels, from the major makers, are pretty good at keeping deposit buildup down, especially on the intake valves. The injectors are operated by drivers inside the ECM, so that is part of the operating system as well.

Guest Greg Ross

The Ignition Module(under the Coil Pack) and the ECM share the signal from the Crank Sensor to trigger the Fuel Injectors at start-up. There'a an initial prime directly from the ECM and then the Ignition Module gets in the loop. The other possibility is the wiring harness/ plug running on top of the engine. Clean treminals, worth a try.

The problem occurs randomly, at most any operating temperature. It generated no fault codes and if I can catch a snapshot the values appear to be within range. The snapshot is tough because I have to be setup to catch th erandom event. When it does occur it seems like I've lost a cylinder or more with the engine skipping or even seeming to stumble. Hard acceleration most of the time clears the problem and normal operation returns.

I have changed the gas line filter, plug wires and plugs, and run gallons of cleaner through. I've tried to find the culprit by cycling through the injector over-rides but haven't found anything specific.

I really don't want to take the car to a garage until I can give them something specific to look for.

Guest Greg Ross

Delco Distributor guess about $125. exchange

Auto Zone guess about $100. exchange

Pep Boys, etc.

Or experienced/ used parts from HenryJ Finn, ReattaDudes, etc

They show up on eBay quite regularly, but reliability?