2 barrel manifold for 401

JUSTIN

Being it is totally worthless, just pull it out and toss it. I can't imagine anyone wanting it, more likely they want to switch to a four barrel. The manifold is INDESTRUCTABLE, so no one has broken theirs, so I can't see that anyone would want it.

Why would you want a two barrel? I can se, if you have one, why not leave it. But if you had a four barrel, why would you want to change. If you keep your foot out of it, the four barrel even provides better fuel economy.

If I weren't worried with messing with the originality of my car, I would switch to a 4 bbl for the exact reasons MARTINSR explains. If I switched, the #'s wouldn't match. frown.gif" border="0

Guest Skyking

C'mon ! Do you really care about numbers? You'd sacrifice performance over numbers matching. I think some of you people are just too much.....

Here in Fremont Ca. There WAS a 62ish (I can't remember the exact year) Lesabre or Wildcat drag car for many years. I am talking since the late sixties this thing was around and it as an ALL OUT, never registered drag car. There was a rumor that he used a brace on the back of the seat to keep it from folding back because of all of the torque! The name of the car......Pure Lead, NO KIDDING!

Guest nailswede

You are on the right way scott!!<BR>nothing wrong with a 2bbl le sabre wink.gif" border="0 <BR>had one once myself,did a total overhaul of the 401 nailhead engine and the top of the crown was the rebuilt 2bbl rochester shocked.gif" border="0 <P>Anders

Hey Joe, maybe we can pop that 2bbl on the Invicta out back and take it out to the oval...without the hood it kinda makes it look like a modified... wink.gif" border="0 <P>Anders, cool.gif" border="0<P>brad54, a great idea, but I'm gonna hold out for the ever elusive '62 Wildcat cool.gif" border="0 . smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Hey Dont look down on a two barrel<BR>I put one on one of my 62 electras. It ran great! Seemed to have a bit more zip on the lower end. Used a Rochester. If Justins looking to loose it, I may be interested in it for my 65 Electra Convert.<P>Jim

hey badassbuick, if you swap the intake and carb out for the one it sounds like you actually want (as opposed to what the car came with), and don't throw away the original carb, intake and air cleaner, you can still have a number's matching car when you sell it. And if it's really important to you when you show it, restore the 2-bbl, intake and air cleaner, and then throw them in the trunk at the show!<BR>I've got a couple 2-bbl intakes for 322s. Other than a door stop, I can't think of much use for them, but hate to throw them out!!! (They're not making those things anymore, you know). Maybe book ends?