Most reliable year Reatta?

Reatta4Real

Seems like a the more major problems talked about on here are with '88's and '90's. Of course the '88, and '89 have ther Teves brakes. I'd like to think the '89's are the most reliable. I don't think it is fair to compare the 3 previous years with the '91 since so few where made. So Barney or other data keepers, is there any information that shows one model year to be more reliable than others, or are they all about the same???

From my experience the cars are pretty much equal. All four years used all the same body parts so that would be the same. '88-89s used the same dash components and '90-91s used the same components in the dash. On the '88-89s the IPC was very good and seldom went out, but the '90-91 IPCs were the weakest part in those years and very often goes bad. In the '88-89s the CRT was the weakest point and very often needs to be replaced. The Teves ABS has some problems but is pretty reliable if a person changes his fluid every couple of years.

Would say all are about the same, just some things are more odd-ball than others. If see more on 88

- is oldest

- people who post A Lot have them

- has most odd features (e.g. console switches)

Not certain that CRT is a weak point per se - cannot compare since 90-91 did not have. How many 15 year old TVs have not needed repair ? (particularly if on MAX BRITE alla time).

Barney: what are member demographics by year ?