1936 era GM Headlight Sockets

rgshafto

Bob:

Someone had "improved" my 37 Pontiac at some time in the past by retrofitting sealed beam units ... so I've also been in the business of looking for replacement reflectors, sockets, and lenses. While I actually found a salvage yard that had reflectors and sockets that are in decent shape, I think that I'm aware to 2 possible sources for sockets that may fit your 2330 bulbs ...

The first place that I would try is:

Resotration Supply Co.

2060 Palisade Dr.

Reno, NV 89509

Phone: 775 825-5663

FAX: 775 825-9330

I believe that their catalog number is ELE-056 that they describe as a "Double Contact Prefocus Socket" and, I think, it sells for $12.50. While I'm sure that they can tell you for certain, I think that they are reproductions that should work on a lot of the late 30's vehicles ... and, being a new part, should avoid problems of poor electrical contact. They also, I think, sell 2330 bulbs and even halogen equivalents of the 2330 (including the flanged base).

The second source may sound a bit fishy ... but I'll bet that a phone call coupled with FAXing/emailing them the photo of your existing socket will tell for certain. In any event, the second possible source is:

C & R Cushman

6500 SW 28th Terrace

Topeka, KS. 66614-4310

Phone (785) 273-2657

Fax (785) 273-2443

E-mail address:CRCushman@aol.com

They sell parts for vintage cushman motor scooters. Their main website is www.crcushman.com and their catalog page with their headlight parts is:

www.crcushman.com/catalog/headligt.html

On that page they have listed: Part number 806787

Headlight Socket - All with Flange Type Bulb 9.75 ea.

And, a little further down, they sell 2330 flanged 6V bulbs for $8.00, so I suspect that this socket may fit the bill ... particularly since the 3 pins in the socket that fit into the flange must also fit into the reflector.

So, I hope that one of these two sources will work out for you ...

Good luck,

John