BCA Office

Well, it's been 3 full months now since we took over the BCA National Office, and we are happy to say that we are having a lot of fun doing this! We are working constantly to try to give the membership the best possible service that we can, and at the risk of having what's left of our sanity questioned, we decided to ask.."What would you, the BCA members like to see done differently, or better??" We want to be responsive to the needs of the members, so if you have some ideas, or comments, let us know! We won't guarantee that we can DO what you suggest, but we would be interested in hearing your thoughts!!!!! grin.gif" border="0 <P>Mike & Nancy Book<BR>BCA National Office Managers<BR>BCA # 9202<BR>Reatta # 407<BR>BDE # 109

In the local chapter here in St. Louis it has been suggested that members should have the option of whether they want to pay for the Bugle or just pay to join the club and not receive the Bugle. As I understand it the dues are $35. $34 for the magazine and $1 for the membership. Then there's the local chapter membership fee of about $15 or so and since one has to belong to the national club in order to be able to join a local chapter that can run up to $50. Not bad I guess but certainly the local chapters would grown if the fee was $15 (local) + $1 (national w/o the Bugle).<P>Thank you for allowing us suggestions. smile.gif" border="0

Hi again,<BR>One more suggestion if I may. Is it possible to ask the technical advisors to write up some procedures for basic classic car care. Things ranging from basic tune-ups to maybe removing an engine/trans, etc. I know I always come here for advice on things like that and I get so much useful information that I generaly print out all the replies and put them in a safe place for future reference. A technical manual like that sure would be nice to have as a back-up to the shop manuals which I believe are really written for trained mechanics. Anyway, that's my other suggestion - a technical manual from our tech advisors.<P>Thanks again.

If you have any influence over how the forum is run ... I would like to have the ability to post photographs, illustrations, excerpts from repair manuals etc.<P>Is this possible?<P>Thanks in advance, Robert

You can post pictures, you have to have them stored on the internet though first!<P><BR> To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image<BR> as shown in the following example. <P> picture.gif <P> In the example above, the UBBCode? automatically makes the graphic visible in<BR> your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

On the tech manuals, you find plenty written on general subjects in old Chilton, Clymer, and other "auto repair" manuals, which are always available at old car shows.<P>Also, the Buick Chassis Service Manuals for your car are always for sale somewhere, and are now available on eBay in CD-ROM format.<P>For the work that is specific to a certain car or engine, you really benefit more from these postings, which can attract several opinions, than to use only one source. Using the search feature can really save you time in finding what you need.<P>Remember that other GM cars may have have similar components, and that the Chevy, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile tech websites can also be valuable resources.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

My BCA# 37463 I joined in march of last year, Id just like my window sticker & memebership card before my dues come due again<P>Dan

Dans 77 Limited wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>My BCA# 37463 I joined in march of last year, Id just like my window sticker & memebership card before my dues come due again </B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> shocked.gif" border="0<I>You mean you get a card AND a sticker??!</I> shocked.gif" border="0 <BR>I bought my sticker! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Hey guys.....Thanks for the comments so far. To answer a few, we don't get more than a small handful of members that ask about getting a membership without getting a Bugle, so I doubt that will ever happen. As for getting Tech articles in the Bugle, I'll talk to our Editor, Robert Snowden, and see what we can do there. Dan, I just put your membership card & decal in the mail. Sorry that you did not get this when you joined, but there seemed to be a lot of problems in the March, April, & May months. Nancy & I correct them as quickly as we find out about them. Scott, if you really did buy your sticker, we'll be happy to send you a free one, or at least get you a better price on your next one!! ( just kidding! ) Keep the comments, good or bad, coming. That's the only way we know what everyone wants or needs! Thanks!<P>Mike & Nancy<p>[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Mike Book ]

Please refer to my posting: ARTICLES IN THE BUICK BUGLE posted on this forum for a suggestion I have regarding the club magazine. Please also know that I enjoy receiving it each month in fact my first old Buick I spotted in the BUGLE and bought it....my '57 Roadmaster 75.... smile.gif" border="0

Having general info on the web would be just that,general info!! removing an engine from a 20s -30s Buick is totally different than a 50-60s and the later cars are different again. The best thing to do is either request specific info on the forum ,or contact the tech advisor for your year Buick.the Shop manuals do not help much ,but Motors and Chilton sre good source books for this info.