Photos of engines please.

bob horgan

Hello CCCA fellow members. A plea for help. My name is Bob Horgan and live in West Michigan. A soon to retire commecial artist. I'm the guy who supplies Shawn Miller with the pictures that he kindly post on our site's home page. This month features the Duesenberg at MeadowBrook. Shawn and I have been attempting to improve the "look" of the club's site. Here's how I could use your help.

I thought it would be neat to do a series of hi-end illustrations of Classic Car Engines/Transmissions.

Here's my problem. I don't have any reference photos of an engine out of a car.

Do you have a "in focus" picture of your engine when it was out of the car? A photo of a COMPLETE "bone stock" engine with or without transmission connected is what I'm hoping to find. Of course I would promptly return your property undamaged. I can work from any media -prints, negs, slides or digital captures.

What's in it for you? Mostly the satisfaction of knowing you contributed to the preservation of this important piece of history. I will send you free a first edition artist's proof 16'x20" with a certificate of authenticity that your engine was used in the art.

To check that I'm "legit" click on the photo credit (photo by Bob Horgan) line under this months Duesenberg image.

Thank You for your attention.

Bob Horgan?West Michigan Member of CCCA.

Guest Chuck Conrad

That's a heck of an offer. I wish I had a picture to contribute.

Thanks for sharing your artwork with us. I've really enjoyed the great pictures on the CCCA Home Page.

Bob:

Your art is simply wonderful, thanks for sharing it. That is a very pretty Hisso.

Yann's Cadillac Data Base has a number of good pictures of V-16's:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/16brul.htm

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/V16_ndx.htm

These are very impressive pictures, beautifully composed. I don't know if these have enough resolution for you, Yann probably has high resolution versions of these.

Good luck!

Bill

Albuquerque, NM

• 2 weeks later...