Eye-Catching

As the gages in my Amphicar are not illuminated while on the water at night. (the road lights illuminte them in white), I installed red LEDs inside the gages that are connected to my marine lights. The red does not affect your night vision so it looks cool and is functional. I also installed a single white LED under the hood to illuminate the trunk area. You can't see it unless it's on.

John

You've no doubt noticed those LED taillights on tractor trailers. They are very bright and seem to "snap" on & off, much more abrupt than regular incandescent bulbs. I was searching around the other day and ran across a vendor that has direct replacement LED bulbs for common old bulbs like 1157's etc. They'd be safer for a small car in a sea of pickups and suvs. Might put some on my MG.

Bill, be careful, I bought some LED 1157's to put in my streetrod Model A. When you look at them the base is of course 1157 and the rest is like an 1157 with a flat top haircut with its little white lights staring up at you. That's the tricky part when powered up those cute little white bumps lite up red. Not to good behind a red taillight lens. Just thought I would mention that.

Dave Hugo