1976 Oldsmobile Omega value?

Hi all! I'm looking for a source to tell me a cars value. The car in question is a 1976 Oldsmoblie Omega Brougham coupe. The Olds dealer tells me it's a rare car in an of itself but these details make it even more valuable. I can tell you that the car was special ordered by a GM employee when new, my uncle ordered it special for my aunt. It's a 2 door Brougham however it's equipped w/ a "sport" interior consisting of bucket seats and automatic console on the floor. It has a V8 engine, automatic transmission factory A/C [worked in spring, no longer blows cold but has been sitting since spring], disc brakes and very rare [i'm assured], HUGGER ORANGE factory paint with a tan 1/2 vinyl top. It even has the orange color coded rally wheels and never used spare in the trunk. This car is in remarkably nice condition considering it's 28 years and being original. Always registered, insured and in use until March of this year when she could no longer drive at 83 years of age. It has 90,000 original miles and was always garage kept. It must be sold as I no longer have storage and the car truly needs to be owned by an enthusiast or collector. I just uncovered it today and drove it 50 miles and it's a real pleasure to drive. I would like to know a value to ask or would certainly appreciate offers from any Oldsmobile lovers from here. I looked up on the classic car guide and got a figure from $1900-$5500 based on the condition. I would think my asking price of $2500-$2800 would be very reasonable considering the value guides, options and the Olds dealers "appraisal". I plan to offer the car for sale locally as well as other venues as suggested but I want the car to sell so I do want a more reliable insight to the cars value and I would prefer it gets into the hands of a true Oldsmobile fan. THANK YOU in advance, I will reply to any and all inquiries. I had various digital photos taken and they are available upon request. Regards

Also........ is it true that Oldsmobile will no longer be producing vehicles? I was told this but I am not sure of the validity of the statement. This should make the values even higher, correct? Any help appreciated with my questions as well as any direction on where to advertise the Omega will be appreciated. I would like to sell it ASAP so it does not sit outside longer than necessary but I'd prefer the least amount of the car selling hassle as possible, in other words serious knowledgable buyers only. Regards

Yup- the General pulled the rug out from under Oldsmobile, and production will cease in 2004 or 2005, depending on how long they elect to produce the current platforms.

I wouldn't count on values going higher because the Division is shut down. Some cars might, but I think you'll see values hold steady same as most other "orphaned" makes have.

Your Omega is a nice car by the pics and is a fairly rare piece. You need to price it high enough that someone looking for transportation only doesn't get it and trash it, but not high enough to scare away someone with true interest in these underappreciated little Oldsmobiles, and your figures are in the ballpark for that. Try running an ad on www.442.com or www.oldspower.com. Most of the traffic there is Cutlass/442 based, but they do love Oldsmobiles on there.

Thank You very much for your insight. I will check out those sites this evening. Meanwhile, I had a friend help me list it on Yahoo! auctions.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/82088556?aucview=0x70

While I hope that an Oldsmobile enthusiast gets it I ultimately have no control if I in fact want to sell it. We'll see...... I have little faith in the online auction format and believe possibly that ebay.com would be a better choice but the fees are so high not knowing if it will sell or not.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Just a belated update. The '76 Olds Omega was sold on Yahoo! auctions the second time around, for $2250. A very nice man and wife bid the "buy it now" price and had it shipped all the way up to Maine. Shipment was delayed a bit [3-4 weeks] due to the original shipper falling short of their responsabilities making it necessary to use another shipper. The buyers were estatic about the car and it was a joy selling the car via an unconventional method to myself, an online auction. Regards

Hi! Sorry about the Yahoo! link, I was unaware of a password necessity. The new owners are very enthusiastic about owning the Omega and I'm certain they will cherish it. I have passed along the site information, maybe they'll be stopping by soon. Happy Holidays!