Carb Replacement

I am replacing my original rochester carb on my 1965 olds 442 with the 400 c.i. engine. would like any recommendations for new bolt on carb?

As far as I know, an Edelbrock or other AFB-derived design carb will bolt right onto the 1965 intake and easily connect to the throttle rod. Get an electric choke model and wire it into a switched power source.

You could try a smaller (600-735 cfm) Holley squarebore but I've never seen a Holley that got decent gas mileage. None I've owned ever did!

With the issues most older 4GC have, I don't fault you for using a different carb. I wish it were as simple to upgrade 64-earlier 394s to more modern carbs. I think I have it figured out, but still have to put it together.

I used the Edelbrock AFB square bore carb (650cfm) on my 455 Olds with and adapter plate as the Edelbrock Performer is set up for a spread bore and was real happy with it. I was getting about 15 MPG with a TH350 trans and 2.73 rear. Performance was great. I liked it so much, that I stripped it and the manifold off the engine when the car was wrecked.

Thanks for the info, I was getting tired of having to adjust that rochester ever time that I took the car out on the weekends. I think I will pick up the edelbrock.