broken window ! need your help

Keanu

hallo tc-fiends.

my window(front) is broken .

so i need a new window and i m not sure if it is the same than chrysler le baron or which type or size i need.

i hope it will not be to difficult to get the right window here in germany.

can you give me an advice ?

best regards Keanu Germany Munich

• 4 months later...

The windshield is similar, but not the same as a Labaron windshield. The TC Maserati logo is on the TC windshield and the black surrounding the outside of the glass is completely different. A TC in otherwise perfect condition with the wrong windshield could reduce its value to a discerning buyer by up to $1,000.

Guest Stephen Lyons

Certainly one of the things I look at as well in assessing a TC is the originality of the windshield. It certainly does make a difference in the value of the car, at least to the tune of a few hundred dollars. It can in fact be a deal breaker for an otherwise extremely nice car for which a premium price is being asked.

I would remark that the Chrysler supplied Lebaron windshields do seem to come with different style black surrounds. Many have a "fading dot" motif that is very noticeably different than the plain surround on the stock TC "Sicursiv" brand windshield. I do, though, have a TC with a replacement Chrysler "Safeguard" windshield which has the same style surround. Of course, on close inspection, you can discern that it bears the pentastar logo as opposed to the "pentatrident" logo on the original TC one. But from more than a few feet away, you'd find it impossible to tell with this particular substitute. The number on this replacement is 43R-00112. Of course, there are other generic brand windshields out there that also will fit the LeBaron/TC. Hard to say which of these (if any) might also closely approximate stock appearance for a TC.