Photo from Flint

Guest tempest68

Guest tempest68

Lisa and I had a great time in Flint. Got to meet some nice folks, but didnt have enough time to meet everyone. I'll probably do a longer write-up later (or maybe even do an article for the next newsletter). But for now, here is one of many photos we took while there. It was taken at Zehnders in Frankenmuth.

NOTE: the attached photo is only 68k, so it will not take long to download/view.

I'm setting up a little web site for Flash to display his pix.

If you don't mind I would like to post your pic there also. Credit will be given to the photographer, but remember, once it hits the net, anybody can download it. For credits I figured I would just use the name folks use in this forum unless otherwise directed.

Take a pre preview look at:

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't mind I would like to post your pic there also. </div></div>

By all means, go ahead and add my photo to your website if you like. As you can tell by the small file size, its a low-resolution copy not suitable for printing. You may also notice I added a copyright statement right in the center of it (look between the two rows of cars at the pavement area). So I'm not concerned about anyone copying it from your site either.

I want to fool around with my photos some more. I need to create the low-res. copies of the rest of the picks for anything that goes to the web. I was wondering if I posted low-res. copies of everything I shot, if folks would be interested in purchasing a CD with the high resolution pics on it. I'm not officially making that offer yet (or even sure I will).

Guest imported_Flash

FlyBY...I really like the site. I think that there will be alot of other picture takers that will forward their snapshots as well. A single photographer can only be in one place. By combining the "eyes" of several shootists, then a fairly complete and representative "picture" can be presented.

Sign me...full of anticipation & eagerly awaiting.

Jim,

Thanks for the photo-great shot. The Reattas look so great. In talking with the owners, did the subject of "repaints" come up? Do most of cars we see in the photo enjoy their original paint? Just wondering.

Steve

The Newsletter is put out by the Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America. In order to get it, you'll need to join both the BCA and the Reatta Division.

I highly recommend doing so.

Buick Club of America Membership Form:

http://www.buickclub.org/Membership/membership.htm

Reatta Division Membership Form:

http://www.reatta.org/applicat.htm

The Buick Club also puts out a nice magazine, which is included with membership that includes articles covering all Buicks, including the Reatta.

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where exactly is Manchester </div></div>

Its 5 miles north of York, 20 miles south of Harrisburg in south-central PA. Sorry, no where near Pocono.

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,

Thanks for the photo-great shot. The Reattas look so great. In talking with the owners, did the subject of "repaints" come up? Do most of cars we see in the photo enjoy their original paint? Just wondering.

Steve </div></div>

Thank you for the comliment on the photo. I actually have alot more photos that are much better than that one. I just havent taken the time to tweak them yet to be web-friendly (ie. compress the file sizes to make them quickly download for dial-up users).

I didnt really ask about the paint jobs. But I suspect that some of cars that have been pampered since new do in fact have their original paint jobs. Our car is the white one closest in the photo with the whited-out license plate. Ours is definitely repainted, because on the hood by the round Reatta logo, I can see a chip and the original paint underneath.

Note in the upper-left section of the photo the Yellow Reatta. There never was a Yellow Reatta from the factory. They had custom graphics, chrome faux side-pipe exhaust, and custom seat covers. From what I witnessed, I believe it was the only custom paint job at the meet.

Guest EDBS0

Don't want to speak out of turn But GM Ross (and it was a pleasure to meet him) has had his Reatta properly repainted by removing most of the glass and anything else removable. Believe it was a $4,000 to $5,000 job but could be completely wrong. mention is made elsewhere on the Forum.