License plate judging questions before Hershey

Hello all,

I'll be going to Hershey for the first time next week and I'm bring my 1966 Chevelle SS for judging, hoping for a Junior.   I had a question about license plates.  First the supposed dealer installed USA-1 license plate that I have on the front of my Chevelle, it's original, period correct and in alright shape.  Should I mount it for judging or no.  Should this license plate be restored in any way.  I assume that if it's attached it will be judged.  

Also, my PA license plate, again it's a period correct 66 Dealer plate that I have used for my Chevelle's registration.  Should I restore it?  Will it be judged?

Thanks and let me say, I'm really looking forward to showing my Chevelle and also being a spectator to such a great event.  

Thank you

Corey

• Like 1

You need to have license plates on the car to drive from your trailer to the show field, in the past i have been pulled over by the police and given a warning for not having plates on my car. I had the plates in the car, just not mounted on the car, I think that is why the officer let me go. as for the plates, I would not display the USA 1 tag, as for the state license I would remove them once I arrived on the show field. Doesn't matter how nice they are, if the tag isn't on the car, they can't judge it. My thoughts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, real61ss said:

Hope you did well at Hershey

I did, got my First Junior along with the 3 others in my class.  I loved the experience and we're planning on going next year.  Thanks Tommy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corey V said:

I did, got my First Junior along with the 3 others in my class.  I loved the experience and we're planning on going next year.  Thanks Tommy!!

Great! You were in 36B, I was nearby in 36A. We got a 1st Jr. also with the 61 Pontiac. 

11 minutes ago, real61ss said:

Great! You were in 36B, I was nearby in 36A. We got a 1st Jr. also with the 61 Pontiac. 

That's awesome, congrats!!  Was it the blue Catalina in your profile pic?