For Sale: 1927 Jordan Line Eight 4dr Sedan - $45,000 - Gresham, OR - Not Mine

For Sale: 1927 Jordan Line Eight 4dr Sedan - $45,000 - Gresham, OR

1927 Jordan for sale by owner - Gresham, OR - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Fully restored, very rare and truly unique vintage car. Continental straight-8-engine. 1,700 miles since rebuild. Have photos of the restoration process, plus some history and original title to the car. Many trophies from car shows included.
Copy and paste in your email: 962cc4b48daf3997a2c69f01f5069277@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1927 Jordan Line Eight 4dr Sedan.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, edited by B. R. Kimes and H. A. Clark states total 1927 Jordan production was 6,357 built, no breakdown by series.   

'27 Jordan OR a.jpg

'27 Jordan OR b.jpg

'27 Jordan OR c.jpg

• Like 3

Whenever a Jordan pops up I mention that Ned Jordan was one of the most depressing stories of the early Automotive age.   In 1929 he was living in a mansion east of Cleveland with his wife and family and a bunch of servants.  He had a mistress which wrecked his family,  the depression wrecked his company and by the end of the decade was broke and living in a studio in NY drinking himself to death.  He got sober and remarried and got a job during WWII so I believe he straightened himself out to some extent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Also, very depressing that not one of the twelve 1930 Jordan Speedway Z Sportsman sedans survive now.   And that we don't know who the designer was of this seminal 3-box sedan body architecture.   At least we have one Ace roadster.

'30 Jordan Speedway Z Sportsman e.png

• Like 3