WANTED original period sales brochures,catalogs, folders that show figural motor meters - Non Boyce

I am doing research on period motor meters that are figural - usually cast in zinc based white metal . Need/seek the manufacturers involved . This is the non Boyce "lollipop" style motor meters. I have examples of these in my collection and it doesn't seem that any article was ever written that covers these accessories in any great detail. I will be happy to share any information I may be able to put together. Aftermarket accessory catalogs of the era may show these for sale but so far the ones I have acquired just show a plain cap or "dog bone" shaped cap not the incredible detailed cast figural ones.

Yes the example I show here is a motor meter , the glass tube is hidden between the wings and only visible from the drivers position on the car not from the front. it is huge.

BIRDmotometerFRONT.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Walt, this MotoMeter is not figural as you requested but it’s a brand and type I’ve never seen before.  It does not use fluid and is made by the Benson company and is known as a radio meter for whatever reason.  Picture attached.  It might lead to other brands?

IMG_4739.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Terry, Thanks so much , really appreciate you taking the time to share this. Great stuff. I have in the mail on its way to me Part 2 of the collection of non Boyce motor meters from the same collection I bought the first batch at Hershey last October. Just what I need more quizzical questions as to what.who, when etc. But it is all so beautiful and the amazing thought that goes behind it all. The stuff I have was in a hoarders collection for over 70 years and never shared or talked about. . As most realize by now I like to share what brings me joy be it visual or information. It is why I taught art 6 days a week for over 35 years and started the local historical society 25 years ago. Fortunately there are others out there like me who feel the same . ( or want to justify they are not the only crazy ones 🤩)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1