For Sale: 1915 FORD MODEL-T ROADSTER W/WOODBED KIT - $12,500 - Highlands Ranch, Denver, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1915 FORD MODEL-T ROADSTER W/WOODBED KIT - $12,500 - Highlands Ranch, Denver, CO

1915 FORD MODEL-T for sale by owner - Littleton, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

THIS IS A 1915 FORD MODEL-T ROADSTER FITTED WITH A WOOD BED KIT. RARE 2 SPEED MODEL. CAR HAS RECENTLY UNDERGONE A RESTORATION AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GONE THROUGH AND IS IN GREAT RUNNING CONDITION. BRAND NEW TOP AND NEW BLACK ORIGINAL INTERIOR. FUN CAR FOR THE ENTHUSIAST. I HAVE ALL THE RECORDS AND RECEIPTS FOR THE REBUILD. CAR WAS MECHANICALLY COMPLETED AT MCFARLAND RESTORATIONS IN ENGLEWOOD COLORADO. HAVE WELL OVER 30K INVESTED. CAR COMES WITH A BILL OF SALE ONLY (MISSING TITLE) ASKING $12,500 OBO (or best offer).
Contact: PLEASE CALL OR TEXT WITH ANY QUESTIONS Dan (303) 9-thirteen-8-six-8-8
Copy and paste in your email: e0bef9f7a43a3eb396ccd207c492eea1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1915 FORD MODEL-T ROADSTER W/WOODBED KIT.

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO a.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO b.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO c.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO d.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO e.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO f.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO g.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO i.jpg

'15 FORD MODEL-T CO h.jpg

• Like 3

Oy! I am sorry I saw this. Where to begin????

There are some nice things about it. I think? But if someone spent 30K "restoring" this? They should have done some research first.

Who built that radiator? It is completely wrong, the hood doesn't fit properly at all! It looks like someone that had never seen one tried to build one from a single bad photograph.

The top is really messed up. We used to see this fairly often when people that did NOT know model Ts had some trimmer (often a boat shop) that had never looked at a model T before do the custom top. The forward bow that meets the windshield being an early style "two-man top" has two positions. One position for when the top is up. And the other position to neatly fold the top in the down position. When fitting a new top, The forward sockets and bow ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY M-U-S-T be in the "top up position!!! But, no, they did the top with the forward sockets and bow in the "down position. That means the top material was miss-cut (too small!) and nailed together with everything in the wrong places. 

Headlight lenses are 1920s, chrome rims are wrong. Windshield is assembled backwards. Steering wheel spider is 1920s style, wooden rim might be some sort of after-market (which by itself might be fine?)

I don't know what sort of lever that weird chrome looking knob is on? The car doesn't have a Ruckstell. But the ad says "rare two speed"? I want to know what about it is rare? Henry Ford built fifteen million "two speed" model Ts.

The price actually isn't bad for a nice late brass model T. (Ad says $12,500.) But a buyer will need to correct a whole bunch bad screw-ups if they want to have a model T that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb everywhere it goes. I didn't mention everything I saw, and there are probably a bunch more that don't show up in the pictures?