Rear Spring Dimensions?

mcrispin

Odd question, I know - nevertheless, my shop manual doesn't have this.

Does anyone know (roughly) what are the dimentions (diameter, and height) of the rear springs?

I'm going with Airlifts, and they don't have any info for Reatta springs, and I won't be getting that far under the car for the next couple of weeks and I need to order these things.

Thanks again,

M

Guest Greg Ross

You're going to be sadly disappointed when you get this bit of news!

There are no coil springs!

Just a transverse Leaf Spring of composite material (a La Corvette) without a differential.

Suggest getting in touch with Hal Atkinson/ 2Seater, he's got a lift system running on his.

Riv. had a load leveling system but was never an option on the Reatta.

I used the Riviera air struts on the rear. I do have an onboard compressor from a Cadillac but I never hooked it up. I have two standard tire type valves, auto stores call them "tank valves", one is inside the trunk and one is inside the center console on a flex line with a gauge attached. I use one of those little portable air compressors to adjust the ride height when loaded. Places like JC Whitney et al. have small onboard compressors too, with in car control panels.

Yes they are. As a matter of fact, some people have reported getting the air struts when they purchased struts for the Reatta, yet they were never an option? By the way, the Monroe struts I bought did not come with the special air fittings and lines to connect them. I had to order them separately and were not expensive.

OK, I get it. Airlift (brand) not an option, there is a shock in the way.

SO, 2seater, if I understand what you are saying, I can use air-shocks from the Riviera, and then buy the tubing for lift-control. I am guessing, that for a one-off use, you wouldn't necessarily need the compressor, you could just tell by the looking at the rear. So, then, I assume I would use the Riviera model as the same year as my Reatta? I wonder if you still have the part number?

Much thanks to everyone who posted.

M

It is possible to use the pump, air lines, switch and struts from a Riviera. Wires must be run to make it all work like factory.

The Riviera struts are exactly identical to the Reatta ones except that the Riviera ones have an additional air bladder installed over them which can be removed by cutting the band and removing the push nut.

Guest Greg Ross

Until 2seater comes in with Part Numbers, you'd be looking for Rears Struts for an E-Body. Riv. Air Ride. Load Leveling. etc.