1st Generation heater core pipe firewall seals...?

Hey friends,

I'm putting things back together on my '64 after heater core replacement, and trying to replace everything that's old and worn out.
I can't find any source for the soft/spongy rubber seals that go on the pipes of the heater core.  Mine are really old and brittle, and I can't find any threads on this forum that discuss buying or fabricating them.  I tried cutting discs out of a sheet of 3/8 rubber foam and stacking them to reach the right thickness, but I don't have the right tools to cut interior holes that are accurate and round, or to cut the angled plane in a clean way.   I even tried making some out of expanding foam, but those turned out equally as trashy.  I thought of using copper pipe insulation, but my local hardware stores don't have the right interior diameter for both pipes, and the exterior diameter is way too big.

I know I can live without them, but they serve a purpose so I'd rather replace them if I can.  I figure some people here have probably come up with an acceptable hack, and I'd love to hear your suggestions.
thanks

Jeff
(Rivolution)

Look for the soft, spongy pipe insulation sold at stores like HD or Lowe's.  Not the rigid foam (like pool noodles) but the soft foam that has an adhesive strip along the seam.  That material can also be easily cut and (I think) is a closer match to what was used originally.