For Sale: 1936 McLaughlin Buick Special 2dr Victoria, 39K miles - $10,000 - Shakopee, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $10,000: 9-30-2024.

For Sale: 1936 McLaughlin Buick Special 2dr Victoria, 39K miles - $10,000 - Shakopee, MN - Still Available, Same Price $10,000: 9-30-2024. See New Link Below.

1936 McLaughlin Buick Victoria for sale by owner - Shakopee, MN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1936 McLaughlin Buick Special, 2 door Victoria model imported from Ontario, Canada (hence the McLaughlin). The car is all metal with no major rust issues. The running boards are solid but show lots of use and are a bit beat up. It has the original straight 8 233 cu in engine and transmission. This is a 6-volt system with the generator swapped out for an alternator that provides ample electricity. New wiring harness with added turn signals, rebuilt starter, all brakes gone through with an upgrade to a 2-chamber master cylinder but still manual drums. Added electric cooling fan. Tires upgraded to radials. Front end and rear suspension have been rebuilt including professional rebuild of all shocks. Upgraded interior clock and steering wheel and several other things that have been addressed throughout my ownership. The car comes with lots of extra parts.

The bad, yes, like many 87-year-olds she drips a bit of oil and blows a bit of smoke when first started. Paint was likely done in the 70's and is tired with many chips and some mismatch of color; Color is listed as blue but it is really more of a very dark purple. Vacuum wiper motor doesn't work.

I have many more photos and walk around videos of the car available on google photos, but Craiglist won't allow me to post a link to them. Feel free to ask me for a link if you want me to share them with you.
Included are lots of used, NOS, and new parts. I collected these over 25 years as I had a different series 40 prior to this one. The pictures I just added show a lot of the stuff but here is a partial inventory:
- Brake parts include old master cylinder, brake shoes one pair of which is unopened, various rebuild kits.
- Original working generator that I replaced with an alternator.
- Diff parts in the basket came with the car when I got it; these are most likely junk but might be a good reference. I have a NOS ring and pinion gear for a series 40 car. I don't know for sure if the set currently in the car is for a series 40 or possibly a century.
- Used timing chain and sprocket.
- NOS oil seals but I'm not sure where they go.
- Lots of bulbs
- Miscellaneous knobs and trim bits not necessarily for this car.
- Suspension parts and some bushings.
- fuel pump rebuild kit
- headlight bezel
- 3 hub caps. These are McLaughlin version which are not the same as the American Buick. I have been unable to locate a 4th hub cab in the time I've owned this car.
- Steering wheel, spare gas tank, spare intake manifold that would need to be repaired.
- Heater is something I picked up and would need to be refurbished.
- 2 window glass one is cracked.
Asking $10,000 but will entertain reasonable offers. odometer: 39613
Copy and paste in your email: 744ae15d2f563b9b89e621b78274e41c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 McLaughlin Buick Special 2dr Victoria.

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN a.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN b.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN c.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN d.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN e.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN f.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN g.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN h.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN i.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN j.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN k.jpg

'36 McLaughlin Buick Victoria  MN l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same Price $10,000: 9-30-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1936 McLaughlin Buick Special 2dr Victoria, 39K miles - $10,000 - Shakopee, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $10,000: 9-30-2024.