1999 Chevy Suburban fuel pump

I've been down this road!😁

www.walkerproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/CATWC17-17-Carburetor-Tune-Up-Kits-Components-compressed.pdf

Good news, most of the YFs are serviced by just a few kits. Walker makes many of the kits sold under other names, so this is a good reference. 

Carb King on this forum also sells kits he builds himself.

If it is starved for fuel/runs lean I've seen the base gasket not seal. 

Thank you. Got the kit. Will rebuild it hopefully this weekend. Looking under the hood there are many hoses and connectors sitting loose. Last owner must have tried solve issues. I chose to start with the rebuild of carb first.  Has a brand new fuel pump so someone thought that was bad.. Like a ball of string. Have to unravel it a little at a time. Found there is no choke pull off. Why would someone remove it? Have a learning curve on this project for sure. EGR might be opening up on acceleration too causing the cut out. Will have to check it's correct operation. And yes Carb king is a great asset to the forum. Did not know he sold kits. Thought he was now just a mentor. Fixing spare tire rack under back of truck. Again cobbled up. Should have that back in shape by next week.

Oh, as long as this in now the F-150 300 six learning thread...

Watch out for the EGR system. The anti-backfire (anti-gulp?  Diverter?) valves started to activate early on mine and it would backfire real bad about 10 minutes into a drive. I split a brand new muffler in the first drive, less than 5 miles! It would happen if I left the truck in gear as I slowed down to stop at the stop sign at the end of my road. I started just shifting to neutral and coasting to the stop sign. Then I put trimmed dowels into the hoses going to the diverter valves and no more problem.

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)

Hi Got the carb rebuilt today. 5 hours and done. Found the fuel filter almost completely plugged up. Needle was stuck in seat too. Barley got gas thru it and the accelerator pump assembly was super sticky and rubber was swollen up. Guess that would be enough to give me the symptoms I was getting. Going to go after the EGR valve housing lower gasket that mates to the intake manifold. Once that done put on the carb and see what I get. Has to be better than before. Will adress the choke heat pipe too. this carb has no choke pull off and it relys on heat from exhaust manifold. A miracle the truck ran at all. Drove it to my place about 5 miles in this condition. It was flatbed-ed from previous owners place to a lot. Thanks. Will post what we get done.

• Like 1

Hi, I think I should start a new thread for the Ford Pick up repairs and questions. The Suburban job I believe is done so I will wrap it up for now. Starting Ford Truck thread now. Thanks.