1925 Buick Standard Coupe on BAT with no reserve

Overall it looks pretty well restored.  A correct Standard faceplate / bezel for the combo switch would be an improvement over the Master bezel on it now.  Needs a knob for the choke.  Needs a speedometer cable.  Somebody forgot to install the 2 screws fastening the dash right side to the A pillar.  How well will it run with no boots on the plug wire connectors ?

25 standard coupe dash.jpg

25 standard coupe missing speedo cable.jpg

25 standard coupe dash missing screws.jpg

25 standard coupe needs plug wire boots.jpg

Edited by Oregon Desert model 45
edit (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also needs a gas pedal, easy fix as Bob's has them. There is a bunch of missing fasteners. Not sure why the vacuum tank was disconnected. Just wondering if this is a crack that has been welded or JB glued? No mention of it in the videos but whoever took the pic is calling attention to it.

gaspedal.webp

crack.webp

Edited by 28Buick
grammar (see edit history)

Nice looking driver with a nice paint job, exterior trim redone and new tires. That is about all I would give as a plus. Landau bars are upside down.
image.png.6af606c3c892a7e418761920d0dc29c2.png
IMO the $15,555 was about all the money this could have brought. Many incorrect items and interpretive restoration. The first red flag is an electric fuel pump. I watched the videos and scanned thru the 355 + photos which only highlighted most of the faults. Broken off portions of the transmission casting and the much welded flywheel cover would indicate a possible clutch explosion at one time. Leaving globs of fresh grease on every chassis fitting did not instill confidence. I see issues with the bottom feeding fuel tank where the drain should be. Missing clutch and brake return springs would make it undriveable.
Edited by dibarlaw
Added content (see edit history)
  • Like 2