For Sale: 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, A/C - $55,000 - Novato, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, A/C - $55,000 - Novato, CA

1962 lincoln continental for sale by owner - Novato, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, White over red. I purchased this car from the original owner in 2008. It's a well-preserved car, and he always garaged it, and so have I. Very nice California black plate car. All the electrical door, windows, top work as they should. Including the fussy rear door partial lowering when button is pushed.  This car has been used in many parades, weddings, shows, etc. It has been a real fun, and very reliable car. It has a new set of wide white tires, and a new top. It has been maintained regularly, runs superb, always has, and needs very little.  The only exception is that it has A/C, but I never used it. It is all there, so if you want to use it, get it charged and tested.  The original interior is very good for a 62-year-old convertible. It does need patch work on the front as shown.
The paint is very good. It has a few spots showing that need some attention, but nothing major. No rust history as far as I can tell. It had one very correct nice repaint years ago. The car shows very well. One rear bumper end needs to be re-chromed, thanks to the neighbor's male cat, but all the brightwork on the car is very nice. A new cardboard trunk liner kit would be a nice detail job.  We've enjoyed this beautiful, classy convertible for 16 years. It's time for a proud new owner.... Cash only, no trades.  For the price I'm asking, it would take very little to make this car superb.
Copy and paste in your email: 827e0c2f6cde35dca0bfb6901f7bf578@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 3,212 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertibles built.

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA a.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA b.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA c.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA d.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA da.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA e.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA f.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA g.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA h.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA i.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA j.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA k.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA l.jpg

'62 Lincoln Continental Conv CA m.jpg

• Like 1

Nice car. I like the colors although I think these look more elegant in darker colors. If it’s solid I think the price is quite reasonable in today’s market. These are pulling big $ at the moment. Certainly no show car but it looks like something you could drive and enjoy with minimal effort.

It’s a bummer about the splits on the front seat because the rest of the interior looks pretty good. The hood has the common rust inside, which may be passing through to the outside. Can’t really tell from these pics but the trunk lid looks OK.