Help on Packard Twelve alignment issue

100 grand here, 100 grand there......before you know it, it starts to add up to some money..........😇

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

100 grand here, 100 grand there......before you know it, it starts to add up to some money..........😇

That’s why you should get the car for free!

Posted (edited)

I drove the Twelve 75 miles today and what an improvement, I would say it drove perfect except it has some 20 year old tires that has averaged 150 miles per year. I will change these out soon.  I felt I could use them for the alignment as they had good even tread . Good news on the steering, I was concerned about not getting the castor to 1 degree as I wanted some return to center action, the car wants to return to center so it is not a fight after going around turns, I could live with it the way it is.IMG_0791.jpeg.7afcb2dee28632648609331441e18895.jpegIMG_0790.jpeg.e1a4685e2189386fa461368fbcdbca74.jpegother good news is after we cleaned oil pan which was not sludged up and took off the tractor oil filter add on and put it back to stock we now have 60# oil pressure at highway speeds, 40 # at slow idle hot engine.

the cooling system on the car was in pretty good shape, the radiator free flows about 30 gallons in a minute, on hard pulls the car would run at 185, but since we put a reproduction coolant overflow tank and a factory replacement R-7 radiator cap which is a 4# cap with a vacuum valve to keep radiator full, also a complete tuneup, new wires, plugs, set timing, rebuilt carb and distributor now the car runs at 165 degrees on hard pulls. The reading above were taken yesterday after a 25 mile drive at 85 degree day.

only time temperature goes up a little is after a hard pull if I stop and let it idle at slow speed it climbs to 180 for a few minutes.

some on this forum might say that I am pushing the car to much as the speedometer is pointing to 60 mph.  This car has Phil Hills 3:55 to 1 ring and pinion.  I was a little concerned that it might be to high, but other than taking the car up a little faster in second gear before shifting into third it works well.

Edited by ramair
Omitted a sentence (see edit history)

6 hours ago, arcticbuicks said:

not to be rude.....wy is this not under "Technical" ?

You are right, I should have started this thread in technical and failed to do so.  I should have asked for help to move it