Assembling front bench seat on 1949 Super convertible

Qside

I have 2 1949 Buick super convertibles. They came to me unassembled. One for parts and one to finish. I am trying to assemble the front Bench seat at this time. The seat adjusts via the hydraulic cylinder mounted underneath. A few questions:

1. Where and how does the hydraulic cylinder mount to the seat? Is there a cross beam of some sort?

2. Where is the power switch located for the seat? It looks similar to the window switches.

3. Is the lever on the left side of the seat still needed if I use the Hydraulics? If hooked up the lever releases the seat to adjust manually. It seems redundant to have the manual lever and a hydraulic switch to do the same thing.

Any help or pictures would be appreciated. Thank you

Did the Super have a power seat as standard equipment in a convertible? 

I can't tell you where the cylinder attaches but I was under the impression that there was a cylinder to move the seat forward and a spring to pull the seat backwards against the cylinder. And I thought the seat tracks didn't have the lock mechanism activated by the lever. 

That is my understanding. The lever is there but it is not hooked to the mechanism for the hydraulic setup. It appears that maybe one of the cars had the hydraulic setup and the other was manual. I seem to have both sets between the two cars.

• Like 1

does anyone else have any insight of how the hydro-lectric cylinder attaches to the front seat? I do have the proper attachment to the floor. A picture would be nice. I may be missing a part?