1951 Buick convertible - 39k CAD - Fisher Branch, Manitoba

I wish this wasn't a day's drive away from me, because this is just my jam, even with that really aggressive looking grill. I've never seen a convertible form this era made by Buick. Like ever. Chevy products from this time period seem ot be rare around here, and a Buick less so.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/winnipeg/51-buick-convertible-mint-condition/1693103622

453765e8-8a4c-4fd9-82cf-7890a2ec783c?rul0df162fe-ba9a-40bb-a9f6-bee21fdd97db?rul5651ba43-664d-4d5e-8b88-4a2843d4e1be?rul

Edited by theconvertibleguy (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

Early '50's Buicks can be attractive, reasonably affordable cars. Unfortunately, this one is neither.

It's on par with most Ford's and Merc's of that era I've found, at least up here. Will definitely agree that grill is oof

Here are two '51 convertibles that I consider having more attractive colors.

1951 buick super convertible

Stunning 1951 Buick Super Eight Convertible

It's interesting to note the different rear bumpers and backup light arrangement on each car. The 1951 Buick brochures for both the US and Canada picture the backup lights integrated into the bumper guards, even the station wagon, same as the 1950 models.

The subject dark red convertible appears to have different rear bumper and it's backup lights attached to the body panel below the trunk. The rear emblem is located higher on the trunk lid than the others, with the lock below. Also, the subject car has what look like '60's Buick wheel center caps attached to the rear quarter panels...strange.

I still feel that CA$39,500. (US$28,726.) is optimistic, at least in the US.

1951 buick super convertible

2cd0607c-309b-49bc-b2eb-1f7db2778e33?rule=kijijica-640-jpg

...from the 1951 Buick sales brochure

n_1951 Buick Brochure-02.jpg

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 2

If the car had a lighter color top (tan, etc.), something besides 1 inch whitewalls, and the seller had made an effort to clean it up, especially the engine bay, the asking price might be in the ballpark.

No interior photos?

My favorite year of the 1950-53 Buicks.

• Like 1

• theconvertibleguy changed the title to 1951 Buick convertible - 39k CAD - Fisher Branch, Manitoba