restore 1973 parts?

My 1973 grille is materially fine, but the finish is chipped and warn. Is there a way to refinish it? What is that process called so I can ask the right question. Or do I just need to find a replacement?

Same question for the trim around the tail lights. There's a metal trim ring, and that horizontal center bit in the attached photo. It doesn't show there, but both lights need restoration.

DSC_5268a.jpg

DSC_4990.JPG

Edited by MotiveLensPhoto (see edit history)

Greetings MLP, Love that'73! One of the best cars I ever owned. I had good luck finding parts for mine on Ebay a few years ago. There are also multiple vendors listed in the Review ad section. Not sure if the taillight assemblies are being reproduced, you might look for them in an OPGI catalog.(as usual, buyer beware) But if you can remove them they can be disassembled & the lenses can be restored w plastic polish. the reflectors can be painted silver, & the bulb sockets cleaned up or replaced. The chrome may benefit from a touch of liquid chrome paint. If the  grille is not too bad you should be able to remove & restore it yourself. Could be just a matter of sanding the painted areas, masking the chrome, & hitting it with some satin aluminum or gray spraypaint & clearcoat.

p.s. next time you're in Orlando drop by & I'll GIVE you a nice driver quality '73 rear bumper. (better than the $450 bumper "core" on Ebay)

Anyhoo,good luck.   Drew

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

Greetings MLP, Love that'73! One of the best cars I ever owned. I had good luck finding parts for mine on Ebay a few years ago. There are also multiple vendors listed in the Review ad section. Not sure if the taillight assemblies are being reproduced, you might look for them in an OPGI catalog.(as usual, buyer beware) But if you can remove them they can be disassembled & the lenses can be restored w plastic polish. the reflectors can be painted silver, & the bulb sockets cleaned up or replaced. The chrome may benefit from a touch of liquid chrome paint. If the  grille is not too bad you should be able to remove & restore it yourself. Could be just a matter of sanding the painted areas, masking the chrome, & hitting it with some satin aluminum or gray spraypaint & clearcoat.

p.s. next time you're in Orlando drop by & I'll GIVE you a nice driver quality '73 rear bumper. (better than the $450 bumper "core" on Ebay)

Anyhoo,good luck.   Drew

I've been thru the ads already. No luck yet but not everyone has responded, either. And I'm not handy, nor do I have a place to work, so it's better I find a pro to do it for me.