1915 Ford Model T “Speedster” - $8,995 Reduced, Now $6,995

I've never seen this double spring front suspension before and I'm not at all sure it would be a performance advantage. 

Also those blocked out faces remind me of my mother's "True Detective" magazines from the 50's where black bars often appeared across the faces of people supposedly doing evil deeds! 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/moraga-1915-ford-model-speedster/7732543033.html

This 1915 original Speedster is a true testament that car enthusiasts are always trying to figure out how to make cars go faster - even over 100 years ago. During the early era of Ford Model T’s, racers would lighten their cars by stripping everything but the seats off the car, add a circular windshield, and attempt to stiffen the suspension. This car has all that and more including extra parts. Runs well (for a 109 year old car) and creates smiles and waves wherever it is driven.

I am happy to start and drive the car for serious buyers with cash but there will be no “test drives” as these cars have very different controls than modern day cars. (same rule applied when I bought it).

Hard to assign a price to the car - in my mind it’s priceless - only selling because I bought another antique race car and have no more room.

Happy to take offers higher or lower depending on interest and won’t work with anyone looking for lowball deals.

email: 64d35f36320932639a84387b56b98731@sale.craigslist.org (Chat feature also available through the listing)

1915 Ford Model T “Speedster” 100o0o_dqq3XtLL73J_0CI0nK_600x450.jpg00D0D_jqJ5R3HYMv9_0CI0oi_600x450.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif
price change (see edit history)

For about the same money, you could buy a nice T with a body and paint, sell off the good parts, leave the rest outside for a few years to gather patina and still have your "rat speedster" to impress your friends.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Leif in Calif changed the title to 1915 Ford Model T “Speedster” - $8,995 Reduced, Now $6,995

Here's the new ad...it does look like fun, and I appreciate that it's a brass era car. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/belvedere-tiburon-time-car-show-winner/7768090657.html

This 1915 Speedster is a true testament to the beginning of California Hot Rod culture and a historic icon. Multiple Hot Rod show awards for its originality and an honor to own. Previous owner discovered it in a barn in the Marin headlands where it was rumored to have been stored for over 60 years. Runs, Drives, and gets a ton of attention, waves and smile

email: b84a261bf7f135bb870360f07ed37e58@sale.craigslist.org

00x0x_e2348Dz7D08_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01212_2sQ3mI7xXcm_0t20CI_600x450.jpg