1947 Buick Roadmaster

Boston Paul

Hello, I’m new to this forum. I am looking at my dream car, a 1947 Buick Roadmaster. It was restored and I am wondering if they repainted it the original color and if it has the correct interior color/style. I have a picture of the VIN plate and pictures of the car. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!IMG_6751.png.4c8225ccb89bc1ce4a293564ffa0c0ef.pngThis is the VIN plate, and below is the car’s exterior and interior  IMG_6752.png.40aeff0ebbd2d0cd11920e49f2b9e050.png IMG_6753.png.1ebb3b6e60d193c43bc885f930015bc4.png

This car is painted in Sequoia Cream code 14 and the interior would be a correct, available interior combination for that color.  However, the data plate shows paint code 5, which is Sherwood Green Poly.  It appears that the data plate and serial number plate are mounted side by side.  The data plate should be mounted on the firewall and the serial number on the drivers side A pillar.  Also, Buick used sloted screws to mount both of these plates not pop rivets.

^^^ If that car was a $ 51,000 car ( and it could well be ) ^^^^

And is now on a Craigslist ad for $ 30,000 --- that could well be a RED FLAG --- to be a $ 30,000 SCAM !!!!

Proceed with extreme caution --- especially with " payment " that can quickly become Lost Forever....... BEWARE .......

• Like 1

Scammers love pictures from BAT.  BAT never takes down the listing pictures even years after a car is sold.  There is a beautiful blue 1934 Packard Eight 1101 coupe advertised on Craigslist with the exact BAT pics for $60,000 that sold on BAT for $150K+.  I posted it here as a scam alert…

• Like 1