Pate Museum Swap Meet

It's not held at the museum any more; the museum is closed and gone. It is held at the speedway north of Ft. Worth along Interstate 35-W. i am going. It is a very large meet, but you will look long and hard for any Buick parts.  There might be 3 or 4 Buick parts vendors out of the thousands of vendors who are there. This is Ford and Chevrolet country for the most part. But I would never miss the Pate Swap Meet. Largest swap meet in the south central U.S.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

I went to this meet in the 1980s, when Pate Museum was active. Even had a Pierce Arrow Annual meet at the museum.

Was a great meet, with fair prices and rare parts available.

My wife tells me I live in the past.  Yes, I do, when memories are so vivid.

As mentioned, it’s obviously changed from our ”good old days”, now benefits one segment of our hobby, while another segment, aggravated, wishes for the old days and moves on, either embracing or ignoring changes. 

• Like 2

This meet is in my backyard.  It's a junk flea market anymore, "signs signs everywhere a sign", drag the crap out of the trash bin, resale the storage unit you bought at auction,  50% of the spaces are used for parking your modern car so you don't have to walk.  Need a broken lawnmower? Some arts and crafts?  You've come to the right place.  It's not worth the price of a motel room or even a tank of gas. (Unless your wanting repop from the big vendors and China tools)

• Haha 1

Well this isn’t sounding to good for this swap meet. I’ve only been to it once at the new location and that was several years ago, it was pretty good then. The first time I went to it was at the original location and it was absolutely amazing, sad to hear that it’’s gone so far downhill.