1923 Stanley Steamer 740b $79,950

34 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I can't tell from the front shots if it is the 5 or 7 passenger.  It makes a difference.

I’m not sure either. The write up isn’t helpful, and the database I always use shows both a five passenger and seven passenger Phaeton. In most prewar cars It seems like the seven passenger models with jump seats cause the body to extend further back,  and the descending portion of the body is further down the rear wheel arch.  That can sometimes give you a clue. There were no side photos provided. I was just kind of in shock that in a Facebook search two of these are for sale the same time, that seems like a statistical anomaly.

Price........I have no idea, Anymore, I just ignore asking price. If there’s something you’re interested in, it’s always good to make contact and establish a friendship. I don’t know where these two examples should be priced, but if you want one and they’ve got to sell it, you can probably find a number that works for both parties.

AJ, i’m always on the hunt for a steam car for you.  I sense your life is too tidy and organized and a steam car project is just the ticket to bring joyful chaos to your sedate, carefully organized days.

• Haha 1