455 INTAKE HELP!!

did i screw up by not coating the intake valley pan with some sealer?? I did the ends and around the water jackets with black rtv. I have not fired the motor yet, can I expect problems.... (I torqued to 40lbs and started out and worked in) Thanks

I always used that spray-on copper gasket stuff on the port area just in case the sealing surfaces weren't true, but the ridges in the gasket ought to seal it ok without it. Torque sequence should have been from center bolts outward in a circular pattern, but as long as you got everything equal it should be fine. If not, it will let you know it quickly with a bigass vacuum leak.

Thanks for your help, it has been awhile since I have done a intake. I should be finished putting it together this weekend, I will let you guys know what happens?????

Thanks Again

I used black RTV on both sides of the water inlets on the valley pan per the instructions (they included the RTV with the valley pan). I used Permatex High Tack (it's a paint greenish brown snot sealant) on the intake ports. Between the ridge (that crushes when you torque) and all that other stuff, my Edelbrock Performer intake manifold .