1933 Dodge Brothers 230 flathead adapted using russells adapter kit and a T5 trans 5 speed

my 1933 Dodge 230 flathead (23" block) 4 door sedan started with the stock 3 speed that only allowed me to drive 40-50mph. 

I then rebuilt the engine and rear end and within a few months the stock 3 speed went bad. I then purchased a 1939 Plymouth 3 speed with O/D from George Asche, it actually worked great for about a year considering I only drive the car one or two days a week. 

well then the 1939 Plymouth trans blew a syncro and the car sat for a year. 

well I have always been reluctant to install a more modern trans in the car, however after my troubles with the old transmissions, I did my research and decided to go with a custom made T5 transmission made at Anehiem gear in Aneheim CA along with a Russells https://www.5speedadapter.com/ 

I made videos showing how I had to make certain modifications to the upper transmission crossmember, modification I had to make to the stock clutch forks, and cutting out of the center x frame to allow the trans to fit and be installed without having to remove the engine and trans together. 

I also had to chop the stock 1933 Dodge shifter and the stock T5 shifter and weld the new shifter together so that I could have the exact length I wanted with the shifter and allow me to use the stock shift knob. 

I will have to figure out an E-Brake. 

however! if you watch all 10 videos I have created it should get you through the installation pretty easily as well as show you how nice it is to shift and drive at highway speeds shifting into the correct gears when needed with ease. I even drove the car up a steep hill, engine started to bog so I dropped to 4th and she still kept crusing with ease. 

I am very pleased with the setup now with the stock 230 flathead and now plan to do a few engine mods for power/looks/ and fun. dual carb, dual intake and exhaust with headders should make the engine move better and run a bit faster. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JACK M said:

I was wondering where you went.

Looks like you are still having fun.

Good videos !!

Looking forward to the rest.

yes sir, I have been busy. kind of just decided to stop for a long time due to being beat down by the curse of my car. but now I am hopeful that it will be good to go for a while. 

• Like 1

Great to see your car back up and running. Those engine mods will give you a boost and the trans should keep the revs down that would otherwise nuke your engine. Enjoy!