If you don't like luggage racks ... (photo)

Guest Geoff Meador

I pulled my July 1989 Car & Driver, page 112 starts the article about "Crystal-Ball Buicks. The rear wheel drive Reatta had the bump but it was not open in the front (in 1989) it also has 5 spoke wheels. May or may-not be the same car.

Oddly enough, I kinda like it. I'm not much into add ons and such but that looks almost functional in some way, so that would be acceptable. Barney's conjecture on the turbo hump makes sense, the rwd turbo would be in about that location, but you wouldn't want to cool it? Turbo Subaru WRX's have a scoop on the hood for the intercooler. Better to be stealthy if possible.

Guest Geoff Meador

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it! Cool wheels, too. What's the info on it? </div></div>

I rather like the wheels, too.

As for the info, it's just part of a collage of vehicles in a "C&C Performance" ad that shows a bunch of modified cars. No specific info on the Reatta in the ad.

Does that mean C&C has done some work for the reattas and has a hood mold somewhere so they can sell it or reproduce the hoods?

Guest Geoff Meador

I'm not sure. I got the impression that they were just showing a bunch of "cool" cars to get the reader's attention.

Well to get the hood there has to be a mold. And unless they scrapped it, its still lying around someone. Couldnt hurt to contact them. You have a number or any info?

If you like the wheels, they're one of the world's finest wheels. They're Italian Anteras (say Pantera without the "P"). I have only one brand new set, triple chromed, designed to fit Reattas, Allantes, full-sized Cads. They'r stickered at $2500/set and have the velvet covers and custom cap removal tool. I've never seen anything more pristine. They're available in their original boxes and covers. Brand new; will take $600 for the set, with $100 shipping via UPS.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> and his friend Jerry

Let me know if you want to see actual photos....

Sorry, not a big fan of 3 spokes and I already have a set of 17 inch rims on it. Thanks for the offer though, maybe someone else will be interested. They are a great set of rims, quality wise. I just dont like the look of 3 spokes.