Tracing car history

MjW

I know my car is a little "modern" to be featured here, but I'm hoping your combined knowledge can help me track down the history of a car I've recently purchased here in the UK.

The car is a 1977 Chrysler New Yorker 2dr Brougham, with the St Regis vinyl roof package. It was imported to the UK around 2012 from Minnesota (according to the previous owner).

I know nothing of its life in the USA, and would like to find out all I can. Any help would be most appreciated, maybe I can help with someone else's query from this side of the pond in return?

Details I have are:

1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. 2door with the St Regis (forward canopy style vinyl roof). Fitted with a 400ci Wedge V8 and 3 speed (column shifter). 

Chassis/frame number is:

CS23N7C155616.

20231113_211354.jpg

20231008_195131.jpg

• Like 1

Chrysler, now "Stellantis", will provide the original build sheet and the name of the selling dealer for your car at no charge.  That might give you a lead as to the original owner if the dealer is still in business and wants to help.  The office you need is Stellantis Historical Services.   You can contact them at danielle.szostak@stellantis.com

The form to send them is here:

https://www.chryslerclub.org/PDF files/Chrysler_Historical_Build_Record_Request.pdf

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I thought that my car was a little too "modern" but I figured it was worth a try. I've posted a similar request on other sites, so hopefully tracing some of her history in the USA will be possible.