The Winterfront Automatic Radiator Shutter

RodgerWilson

FOR SALE a Winterfront to place on your radiator for winter driving.  I don’t know of anyone really driving their cars in the dead of winter, but if you do this looks much better than a piece of cardboard on your radiator.  I personally don’t like the look of it on the front of a car, but someone else may like it (to each his own).  $100 plus the cost of shipping.  I may consider a trade for another interesting piece.  Thanks.

IMG_2933.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2934.jpeg

IMG_2937.jpeg

• Like 1

The famous "Pines" winter front. Made in a dozen standard sizes in common shapes, as well as numerous special ones for various cars with odd shaped radiators. This one appears to be fairly square, and probably about a 1917 to 1923 model T size. But size matters! It might be closer to the 1914 through 1927 size? Measurements might help.

And I agree, they look ugly on cars, but I wouldn't mind having one! (If money wasn't really tight right now.)

• Like 1

I wasn’t thinking…. I should have included the measurements when I posted it.  It is 19 1/8 tall and 19 5/8 wide.  I got to believe that it is early 20’s given the last patented date says June 8, 1920 with others pending.  I got this when I had purchased a 21 REO.

I would consider a trade for another interesting item from the early 20’s.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...