455 stall on acceleration

1971 delta 88 455 2v- car is very cold sensitive. Even when warm, it acts like there is no accelerator pump and stalls a bit when I stand on it. Once past the initial hesitation it lights up the tires and goes like a bat. Carb has recent rebuild. Any ideas?

does this only happen when cold or when the engine has warmed up too? If it happens when cold (full choke mode) it may be the choke pull off. If it happens all the time, make sure the choke is opening all the way once the engine has warmed up some. Start the engine cold with the air cleaner off, then watch to see if the choke opens. If it doesn't, make the necessary repairs. If it does, then hand operate the throttle to see if the condition you describe happens. If so, I'd say the accelerator pump is not giving a good shot of gas. You can test that by turning the engine off, and with a flash light, look down the carb bores and see if a squirt of gas streams into as you operate the throttle. If it's doing all that, then I'm not certain where to trouble shoot next. Good luck.