For Sale: 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Brougham, 22K miles - $5,895 - Offerle, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Brougham, 22K miles - $5,895 - Offerle, KS

1978 Mercury Marquis for sale by owner - Offerle, KS - craigslist
Seller's Description:

CONDITION: While the interior is nearly showroom pristine, the exterior has multiple small/medium dents and scrapes but very little rust. An inspection of the underside of the car - steering and suspension components - indicates this is truly a 22,000 original mile car. Additionally, the engine is in good condition and with original factory Motorcraft spark plugs and plug wires still installed. I pulled a couple for inspection and again this indicates an original 22,000-mile car.

NO MICE HAVE EVER BEEN IN THIS CAR.  TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE IMAGES BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS - I'M PRETTY SURE THEY TELL A LOT AND ANSWER MOST QUESTIONS ONE WOULD NORMALLY ASK ANYWAY.

I would consider this a pretty nice car not needing anything but perhaps some body/paint work if you chose to do so or simply use as is. The term barn-find is way overused and typically B.S. anyway. I fully intended to keep it myself but have since located and purchased another LTD which I will be keeping.

Installed a new fuel pump which was leaking due to sitting and I have driven it approximately 10 miles up to 85 MPH. It drives straight - nothing is out of balance, and it shifts through all gears and brakes as new, also indicating advertised mileage. There is a leak at the carburetor accelerator pump (typical from sitting) but I will do a repair on that. Additionally, the three belts will be replaced when they arrive.

ACQUIRED WITH CAR: Original Ext Service Plan Registration #287194 - Copy of Original Window Sticker - Original Build Sheet - Original Owner Card - Original Factory Floor Mats.  Everything works electrically and mechanically included the 8-track tape deck. (see info from window sticker below)

WINDOW STICKER INFO: Power Steering - Solid State Ignition - Coolant Recovery System - Vinyl Roof - Auto Parking Brake Release - Fender Skirts - Engine Block Heater - JR78x15 Tires - Cornering Lamps - Digital Clock - Cruise Control - Bumper Protection Group - Appearance Protection Group - Tinted Glass Complete - Power Locks - Visibility Light Group - Illuminated Visor Vanity - Electric Rear Window Defroster - Electric Windows - Electric Driver Seat - Electric Antenna - AM/FM 8 Track Tape - AC - Tilt Wheel - Intermittent Wipers - Hide-a-way Headlights - Twin Comfort Front 50/50 Bench w/2 Fold Down Armrests - Medium Tan Glamour Metallic
6.6 400M V8 - Select Shift Automatic.

If you need more information, feel free to email via Craigslist. I am willing to work with any transport carrier of your choice or can arrange this for you. Typically, a 10–12-hour one way travel distance for a transport is $500 - $600. If you are within a 2-hour drive of me, I can transport myself for a smaller fee. There are a couple ways to handle payment. The best way is for me to take the signed title to my bank who will act as a third party. A loan officer will email you all info required to complete payment. Once wire transfer or other payment form is made and verified the title will be mailed to you by the bank along with a Bill-of-Sale. Once payment is complete, we can proceed with transport if necessary.
CASH IN PERSON AND YOU HAUL OR DRIVE AWAY IS ALWAYS GOOD.
Copy and paste in your email: bce5d46b8446330caf3bd2b9c3dcdc3a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Brougham.

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS a.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS b.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS c.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS d.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS e.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS f.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS g.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS h.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS i.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS j.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS k.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS l.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS m.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS n.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS o.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Marquis KS p.jpg

• Like 1

A very nice car in good original condition. The interior looks immaculate. The next best thing to a Lincoln. The price looks good, though the car will need some freshing up of fluids. etc. I like the color, very, very, 70's. Would make a good transportation/hobby car if you don't mind spending extra money for gas.