WTB Steering wheel for 1929 Fargo Express Panel

Jack Bennett

I am looking for a steering wheel to replace the wrecked one in my 1929 Fargo Express Panel truck.

This is the “packet”model, 1/2 ton truck and the steering wheel should have a center hole with a 1” outside diameter and, hopefully has the spark advance and accelerator levers and the horn button attached.

I have tried several conventional sized steering wheels but the center hole where it mounts to the shaft is too small.

13 hours ago, stakeside said:

Post a picture of what you have.

Hi stakeside. I don’t think a photo will help much in identifying how the original steering wheel looked. The steering wheel is still on the steering column, but the entire center of it is broken out of the wheel, and is all missing. This includes the collar into which the steering column shaft fits. I will take a photo of what’s left tomorrow and post it ASAP, but I have very little hope of finding one completely intact since the throttle and headlight operating levers are separate from the steering wheel, and are permanently attached to the shaft which runs through the installed steering wheel, runs the length of the steering column and attaches to a switch mounted below the steering gear box. This part of my steering wheel is also completely destroyed, and can probably only be found in the unobtanium catalog.

My hopes at the minute is to find a steering wheel with a mounting hole about 1” OD, that I can install for the purpose of moving the truck around while I work on it.

Jack

Edited by Jack Bennett (see edit history)