Leaf peeping in a Model T

My Grandfather used to host "the fall foyliage tour" every year in the local T club. He always found someplace incredible for a mid-tour pitstop, places "normies" never get to see. My Grandmother would stay home and set up tables of food, donuts, "pizza muffins", coffee, etc. This was before cell phones so on the last 15-20 min of the ride someone would peal off and make a phone call. "we're x-min out" so she'd be ready for the crowd. They are both long gone and I don't think the club does it anymore. So.... I took my fordor out on the last good day of the season here and filmed it for all of you.

Sadly now the "fall foliage" has turned into wet and cold here in NewEngland. Come along for the ride if you want!

https://youtu.be/E3WU_jJeq_g

• Like 6

Yesterday we did our annual Leaf Peeper's Tour and inly had one Model T,    Only 7 cars showed up for ride.  A 25 Model a Coupe,

a  24 White 12 passenger Yellowstone Tour Bus, a 32 Plymouth Sedan, a 33 Buick Series 57 Sedan, my 34 Ford Fordor, a 35 Ford

Fordor, a 73 Corvette Roadster.   All completed the ride except the Corvette, who had a dead battery at the start.   He wished he

had driven his 36 Packard.   It was a beautiful  sunny 79 degree day here in the Smoky Mountains, with leaf's falling fast.   Winter

arrived today.    Most of the cars will be parked until Veterans Day in about 2 weeks, then hibernate until January first when we 

celebrate all the cars birthdays with a Birthday Tour, as all the cars turn a model year older.

IMG_0083[1].JPG

Edited by Paul Dobbin
spilling error (see edit history)
  • Like 3