Sharing Installed headliner pics

JP75

Hi im trying to choose a supplier and the correct headliner material for my 1953 deluxe sedan.  I have ordered samples(so small) and its hard to get an idea of what the finished product will look like. So I have been trying to look at pictures on-line and shockingly headliners are not highly photographed (especially on cars that are not restored in mass numbers) and when a headliner is shown there are no details about what they used.  I know I'm being over cautious but I want to be happy with what I choose and thought maybe there are others out there trying to figure this out. I'm hoping there might be a few folks out there that have finished their headliner installs that may be willing to share some pictures of their finished headliners and what type of material was used and who made it. Thanks for your help I hope this makes since and this does not seem like an odd question. 

On 10/25/2023 at 8:50 AM, JP75 said:

Hi im trying to choose a supplier and the correct headliner material for my 1953 deluxe sedan.  I have ordered samples(so small) and its hard to get an idea of what the finished product will look like. So I have been trying to look at pictures on-line and shockingly headliners are not highly photographed (especially on cars that are not restored in mass numbers) and when a headliner is shown there are no details about what they used.  I know I'm being over cautious but I want to be happy with what I choose and thought maybe there are others out there trying to figure this out. I'm hoping there might be a few folks out there that have finished their headliner installs that may be willing to share some pictures of their finished headliners and what type of material was used and who made it. Thanks for your help I hope this makes since and this does not seem like an odd question. 

1953 Pontiac headliner material was broadcloth for all non Catalina hardtop models, the Deluxe Catalina and Custom Catalina models had a vinyl type headliner, California Pontiac Restoration (pontiacparts.net) or SMS Auto Fabric should be able to help.

Edited by PONTIAC1953 (see edit history)